alcohol

 I loved drinking. But it made me sick.


Even one drink would nauseate me.


I wasn't a classic alcoholic. I could stop if I wanted to.


And I did. Countless times. I didn't drink morning until night.


But alcohol makes me puke. So, drinking for me, was a bad idea.


I went to an AA meeting with a friend.


That's when I discovered that I wasn't an alcoholic, not by a long shot.


But alcohol has caused me to have to miss work, miss dates, and couldn't possibly have been good for my health.


So I gave it up twelve years ago. Do I miss it?


Of course. I was a drinker in the spirit of Li Bai and Du Fu.


Alcohol made me free. But then, I'd have cramps for days.


So, the alcohol had to stop. And,it did.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Getting a massage in my house

My Experience With CBD Hemp Flower

Poetry