My Experience With CBD Hemp Flower

 Before last week, I had never heard of CBD hemp flower. I know about CBD, because it's everywhere, but I never actually tried it.


So here's what happened: I was out shopping with my girlfriend, Shana, and she asked me if I've ever smoked hemp. I thought she was just being clever and referring to marijuana as hemp, but after joking around a bit, she explained that she was serious.


Shana pulled out a container with what appeared to be weed inside. I told her I haven't had cannabis since college. She laughed and explained that hemp flower looks and smells like marijuana, however it has no psychoactive properties. In other words, it doesn't get you confused, "high," or ready to kiss the sky. 


I pulled up in the mall's indoor parking garage, and was ready to disembark the vehicle, when she lit up a giant homemade cigarette. "This is hemp! she exclaimed, laughing and giddy as hell. 


I didn't know if she was joking, but she handed me the jar and the product seemed legit. The label indicated that the product was, indeed, hemp flower. 


We passed the hemp hand-roll back and forth about twelve times. By the time we were finished, I was feeling relaxed. Not at all unclear in my mind, but I definitely felt something. 


We exited the vehicle in a Harold and Kumar-style cloud of smoke. I noticed, when we began walking, that my longstanding pain in my ankle was gone. That, and I was feeling calmer than usual. Was it just a placebo effect? It's difficult to say.


After three hours of searching the racks for sales and interesting items, we were exhausted. I still had an hour before I had to get home, so we went for lunch at a local diner.


I definitely felt like the CBD hemp flower did something, however I can't say precisely what. It's definitely a subtle effect, though noticeable. 


Would I go out and buy some? Probably not. But if my friends bring around some CBD hemp flower again, I would consider partaking. I've since looked into it, and it turns out hemp is legal in all fifty states, and has no THC, the component in marijuana that causes its strong mental effects.


Back in college, I did experiment and tried smoking. For about one semester, I smoked MJ every Friday night with friends. In the end, I decided it wasn't for me, as I would invariably feel dizzy, disoriented, and end up sitting in the bathroom having panic attacks.


With the hemp flower, this didn't happen. At all. I also don't smoke cigarettes, so smoking anything seemed a bit awkward and the smoke was on the harsh side.  In the future, I might try CBD again, but I would rather opt for something I can ingest, like a pill or even a candy.


It's been three weeks, and I still haven't tried getting my hands on any CBD products. Will I? Possibly. I did like the fact that I felt more relaxed, just the opposite of what strong weed used to do to me. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Getting a massage in my house

Poetry